The Rosenthal JCC Yorktown Branch today announced that it has relocated into the Yorktown Jewish Center facility at 2966 Crompond Road (Route 202) in Yorktown Heights. The move affords the Rosenthal JCC (RJCC) the flexibility to expand and offer new programs.
The RJCC will be holding Open Houses on Tuesday, July 31 and Sunday, Aug. 19, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for anyone interested in learning more about JCC programs or visiting the RJCC’s new home. Please call (914) 962-8430 to RSVP.
The RJCC Yorktown Branch offers exciting and engaging programs for children and adults of all religions and ethnicities. Fall programs will include:
- JCC Preschool – a highly enriching program that includes Talk n’ Drum Spanish and percussion program, Handwriting Without Tears, pre-math, science, nature, cooking and more – Registration is still being accepted for 2s, 3s and 4s classes
- Mommy & Me – fun classes for children 15 to 30 months with a parent or caregiver –Tuesdays and/or Thursdays beginning Sept. 20, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- J-Baby – programs and events for beginning Jewish families
- NEW! The Mother’s Circle® – a free educational and support program for non-Jewish moms raising their Jewish children – Trial class takes place Thursday, Oct. 11 at 7:30 p.m.
- Intro to Judaism – a 18- week course taught by SEVEN local rabbis for Jews, non-Jews, prospective Jews, folks related to Jews… – Begins Oct. 18, 7:15 – 9:15 p.m.
- NEW! Friends & Fun – an after school social skills class for children in K – 2nd grades, beginning Oct. 4
- NEW! Club 345 – an after school social skills class for children in 3rd – 5th grades, beginning Oct. 4
- NEW! WJCS Milestones’ Early Intervention Class for 2s – summer and fall classes available
The new RJCC Yorktown Branch is spacious and bright, and is located on the lower level of the Yorktown Jewish Center (YJC) synagogue, less than one mile east of the Taconic Parkway.
“The decision to relocate to the Yorktown Jewish Center made perfect sense,” said Jennifer Constantino, RJCC Yorktown Branch Director. “They had classroom space available, and if we need more rooms, we can expand. If we need a larger space for a concert or special event, we can work with them to make that happen, too. Both of us benefit from this arrangement.”
“We are so excited to begin a new preschool year in our new home,” said Judy Veglia, Director of Early Childhood, Yorktown. “We have such a bright and inviting space both indoors and out, and we invite anyone with young children to come and visit.”