Preschool - Pleasantville
The Rosenthal JCC Preschool provides a tender transition from home to school in a nurturing and stimulating, child-centered environment. We help children develop the necessary social skills for school, and learn through the exploration of the world around them. We focus on growing the whole child, mind and body, and provide the activities and individual attention that encourage each child's uniqueness.
To set up a tour, please contact Ann Pardes, Director of Early Childhood by phone (914) 741-0333 x21 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
To download a pdf of our 2015-2016 brochure, click here.
Growth and Learning
We channel children's imagination and natural curiosity. Every day, children are inspired through multi-sensory activities including music, art, movement, stories and educational resources and materials that engage all of the children's senses:
- Build skills through our Creative Centers (listening, dramatic play, arts and crafts, blocks, literacy, sand, water and manipulatives)
- Discover science, nature and geography through hands-on projects and nature walks on the JCC campus
- Enhance social and verbal abilities, and make friends
- Cultivate a love for books and literature through our Library Program, where parents act as storytellers and librarians of our extensive pre-school collection
- Develop their independence by making choices about the activities in which they wish to engage
Highly Trained Staff
Our early childhood teachers are highly trained, with an average tenure of over 10 years at the RJCC. In addition, we regularly bring in specialists in music, movement, library, Jewish culture and other areas to enhance our classroom experience.
We incorporate Jewish cultural activities, including Shabbat and holiday celebrations, that encourage familiarity with customs and traditions. We also infuse core Jewish values such as respect for individuals and mitzvot (good deeds) into our programs every day.
We take particular pride in our support services for families with young children who are at risk for speech, learning and gross/fine motor weaknesses. Our early intervention service provides confidential referrals and comprehensive guidance for parents navigating through the maze of assessments, forms, committee meetings and therapist appointments.