JCC Camp Katan
To register, click here.
Camp Katan creates magical and unforgettable experiences for all campers. Our small groups and highly trained early childhood staff make this camp unique. We offer a combination of structured activities that challenge your children to expand their horizons and abilities, as well as free time for play, independent exploration and making friends. Along with creative weekly themes, children enjoy these
fun activities and many more:
- Arts and Crafts
- Music and Movement
- Water Activities
- Outdoor Play
- Sports Programs
- Shabbat Celebrations
- Weekly Trips to JCC Camp Discovery (ages 4+)
Pioneers (Chalutzim) For children two years old as of Dec. 1
Take a step toward independence in this fun, separated summer camp that helps prepare your child for pre-school in the Fall. Children learn through our organized and free play activities, and socialize with other children. Our nurturing early childhood staff ease you and your child through this important transition.
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Explorers (Chokrim) For children three years old as of Dec. 1 (Dec. 31 for Somers residents)
Children explore their talents and interests through arts and crafts, dramatic play, music, movement, cooking, outdoor fun and much more.
* Only toilet-trained children may stay for lunch until 1:00 p.m. Non-toilet-trained children will not be changed into bathing suits, and will use water tables, pails filled with water for outdoor painting, and spray bottles instead of sprinkler play.
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. (no lunch)
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.* (campers bring lunch)
Adventurers (Harpatkanim) For children four and five years old as of Dec. 1 (Dec. 31 for Somers residents)
Adventurers are ready for a longer day of summer fun! Four-day Adventurers have a blast with arts and crafts, dramatic creativity, music, movement, cooking, outdoor fun and much more. Five-day Adventurers enjoy weekly trips with their counselors to JCC Camp Discovery in Croton-on-Hudson for recreational swimming and other fun camp activities.
- 5-day program: Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- 4-day program: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Discoverers (Megalim) For children entering grades K-1 the following fall school year.
Discoverers are curious and active learners! Five-day Discoverers enjoy Wednesdays with their counselors at JCC Camp Discovery, where they enjoy recreational swimming along with sports, drama, nature, dance, music and much more under the instruction of the knowledgeable and experienced specialists at Camp Discovery. Back at “home base,” they enjoy Science Tuesdays, Young Chefs’ Club Thursdays and Adventure Fridays.
- Mondays through Fridays, 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Mondays through Fridays, 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.