JCC Maccabi Games
TRYOUT SCHEDULE FOR JCC MACCABI GAMES:
Jewish teens from Northern Westchester ages 13 to 16 – join us for comaraderie and competition at the largest Jewish teen events in the world! The 2012 Games will take place at the Merage Jewish Community Center of Orange County, CA August 4 – 9, 2013!
Boys U14 Basketball (must be 13, but not 15 by July 31)
- Sunday, Feb. 10, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Mar. 3, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Girls U16 Soccer (must be 13, but not 17 by July 31)
- Sunday, Feb. 10, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Mar. 3, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Boys Soccer, Boys or Girls Tennis, Swimming, Table Tennis, Bowling, Track and Field, or Dance (must be 13, but not 17 by July 31)
By appointment, call for information
*** Tryouts are at the Rosenthal JCC at 600 Bear Ridge Rd., Pleasantville. Please arrive 15 minutes early to register.
*** Attendance at multiple tryout dates is strongly encouraged.
*** Parent information meetings will take place during tryouts.
Join the Rosenthal JCC's delegation to the JCC Maccabi Games! The JCC Maccabi Games ® have been called an Olympics for Jewish teens, but they serve a larger purpose than just athletic competition. At this Olympic-style event, athletes participate in one of 14 sporting events, creating memories that will last a lifetime. The Games also promote community involvement, teamwork, and pride in being Jewish.
The JCC Maccabi Games are the largest Jewish teen event in the world. Each summer, more than 6,000 Jewish teens ages 13 to 16 participate in the Games, and more than 100,000 teens have benefited from the JCC Maccabi Games since they started in 1982. The energy and excitement make this a unique and unforgettable experience for every participant - from athletes to volunteers, and from coaches to host families.
The JCC Maccabi Games Mission
- To offer Jewish Community Centers and YM/YWHAs in North America the opportunity to reach teens through participation in the JCC Maccabi Games, and in year-round athletic, educational, cultural and social programs, as well as teen experiences in Israel.
- To provide Jewish youth with a supportive environment that fosters mutual respect and sportsmanship, where they can interact in an atmosphere of fun, democracy, and peace.
- To cultivate a deeper understanding and instill an appreciation of Jewish values within Jewish youth, enrich their Jewish identity in an informal setting, and encourage their identification with the state of Israel.
- To promote and encourage the health, physical fitness and well-being of Jewish youth through participation in recreational and athletic activities.
- To introduce Jewish youth to the international Maccabi Movement, which presents athletic, cultural, and social opportunities with Jews from around the world.
For more information about JCC Maccabi games, go to http://www.jccmaccabi.org.